Saturday, February 23, 2008

Grandma the Babysitter

For the first time last night Jim and I left Tralee with Grandma Tricia and Grandpa Jeff while we went to bowling league night . We followed the instructions from one of my parenting books that said to let the baby see you leave, wave "bye-bye," smile so the baby knows nothing is wrong, and then quickly leave. We did that, and Grandma said Tralee cried at first, but then once she realized we weren't coming back for her she did all right.

When we got back from bowling Tralee was almost asleep. However, she woke up a bit when she realized we were back, and she played peek-a-boo with Grandma and laughed with her. This was a huge step, because usually when she sees Grandma she just starts crying. So, to have her playing and laughing with Grandma was great. After a few more minutes Tralee fell asleep on my shoulder and when we got home we put her right to bed. It was so nice to have a night out with Jim! Hopefully Grandma and Grandpa will watch her again sometime.

As far as bowling goes, I did really well for me. All of my games were above my average. My average is 100 and I got 122, 118, 112!! That might not look like much to a good bowler, but that's awesome for me!! My teem mates were proud, and Jim said I bowled really well . . . for a thirteen year old. Oh well. I can only get better, right?

No comments: