Monday, March 10, 2008

I Just Love Happy Endings!

Last night we went to Jim's Mom's house for a birthday dinner for Jim. While there Tricia told us the best story about one of the doctors I saw while pregnant with Tralee. There were three OB/Gyn's at the office I went to for check-ups, and one of them was brand new out of medical school. Jim and I liked him, and he shared our LDS faith. He was the doctor I saw when I heard Tralee's heartbeat for the first time.

I knew I could get the scoop out of ALL the doctors, since Tricia is a delivery nurse. So, when I asked her about this particular doctor, she told me that he was LDS, married, had a teenage son, and that he and his wife had several years of failed pregnancies.

Last night Tricia explained that after two recent miscarriages this doctor and his wife were looking to adopt. It wasn't long after this decision was made that a young woman came into the hospital and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. This young woman was troubled, recently divorced, and the baby was the result of a one-night stand. While giving birth the woman was adamant that she DID NOT want to see the baby. The nurses gathered that she never once saw a doctor the entire pregnancy, and was in denial the entire pregnancy. After giving birth the woman wanted to leave the hospital as soon as possible.

One of the nurses on duty thought of the doctor and his wife who recently decided to give adoption a try, and immediately called this doctor to explain the situation. It didn't take long for the following to occur. This doctor and his wife, I'm sure after fervent prayer, decided to try and give this new baby a loving home. He contacted the doctor who delivered the baby who explained to the birth mother that there was a couple interested in adopting the little girl she delivered. The birth mother agreed, signed all the necessary papers, and the adopting doctor and his wife came to the hospital to take their new daughter home!

Isn't that AMAZING!?! They JUST decided to adopt, and then this happened! I think there was some Heavenly intervention involved! Tricia said she recently saw this doctor and asked him about his new daughter. He had a HUGE grin on his face and explained that she was going to be VERY spoiled!

I woke up last night and couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking about this story and felt so happy for this family that I hardly know. I only know this guy as a doctor. I once saw him at a Stake Conference and he looked at Tralee and jokingly asked after telling me how beautiful she was, "How much do you want for her?" He obviously loved children, and wanted another one. I can't imagine how difficult it was to deliver babies for a living, and not be able to have one yourself. Well, now he and his wife are blessed with a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! YAY!

I just thought I would share this story, because it's always nice to hear good news!

3 comments:

amy said...

that's really sweet. great for them!

Mary Ann Carlile said...

I needed to hear a story like that. Thanks:)

MattJulieGavin said...

that is a beautiful story! just about in tears. THANKS!