Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hunter's Latest

Hunter has thing for skin (not in a creepy "it puts the lotion on its skin" kind of way), just in a curious kind of way.  For as long as I can remember, when you snuggle him, he'll rub his hand up and down your arm.  If he feels an bump, scratch, or anything out of the ordinary he'll stop rubbing, look at the obstruction and ask, "What's that?"  So far he's got moles, scratches, zits, bruises, and owies down pat, but he'll still ask just to be sure.  If he thinks you're wrong, for instance if you say, "that's a zit" when he thinks otherwise he'll correct you by saying, "No!  That's a mole!"

I have a small beauty mark (it's just a mole, but beauty mark sounds nicer) on my forearm that Hunter is a little obsessed with.  He always has to check on it.  Every time he climbs onto my lap Hunter asks, "Where's your mole?"  I show him my arm, he finds my "beauty mark", touches it, and all is well in his world again.  The same thing happens when we're snuggling before bedtime, if I'm reading him a book, or if I'm putting him in his car seat.  I will admit, I kinda love it when he asks about a scratch or bruise and I say, "That's an owie."  His response is always, "Oh!  I will kiss it better."  Then he plants the sweetest, softest kiss on wherever he thinks I'm hurt.  In fact, sometimes I point out where an owie is, just so I can get a little kiss from my two-year-old.  I'm not sure if his curiosity about skin is normal, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anyone, so I just go with it.  I swear, this kid will probably be a dermatologist one day.  Wahoo!!  With all the stupid unprotected sunbathing I did as a teenager, I'll probably need a good dermatologist in the family someday!  

1 comment:

Boom said...

Thanks for sharing! Hunter is so tenderhearted. I love it!

Mom