Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Francesco's


On one of our nights in the Bay area we stumbled upon an Italian restaurant called Francesco's.  There was a big sign that adored the place which read something to the effect of, "In business for over 43 years!"  The decor looked like, it to, had been in business for just as long.  There were old family photos, grandma's parlor room-esque furniture, grapevine lights, and other fun decor for the eyes to behold.  I LOVED it!  I love kitchy, family-run, unique eateries. 

As soon as we arrived, Jim and I started talking to each in (probably horrible) Italian accents.  The kids joined in.  I was able to get Hunter saying, "I-a like-a Francesco's!" in his Italian accent.


We filled our bellies with yummy eats like a Fritto Trio appetizer (fried zucchini, eggplant, and artichoke hearts) served with Francesco's homemade tomato sauce, spaghetti with sauce, and minestrone soup.  All menu items were delicioso! 




We had a fun family date night!

1 comment:

Debi said...

I think it is so great you get to go on these fun trips together when Jim works. Your family is sure darling.