Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Third and Vagabonds

We had the sister missionaries over for dinner on the third.  After dinner our little family ventured to a fireworks stand (they're all over the place here!) and bought some dandies!

We had fun that night showing our patriotic spirit by starting things on fire, and watching them explode.  The kids loved it!
Hunter's first experience with sparklers!  So fun!!

She was making a heart!






I was trying to write, "Leslie."  Can you tell?  :)
This was our last Fourth of July in this house.  The landlord sold it, and we're currently trying to figure our what our next move will be (literally).  We might be homeless for a while (not really . . . but, yeah, kind of really).  We have two short weeks to be out of here, and not one box is packed!  I could really start freaking out if I let myself.  I decided that wouldn't do much good, so I'm just taking it one day at a time.  Tomorrow our goal is to get a storage unit and start loading things into it.  I wonder how long our treasures will be stuck in storage?

There's so much to think about.  There's so much up in the air right now.  There's so much hope and many prayers being said that we'll find a nice home we love (fingers crossed we can get a loan), or at least find an affordable rental in a good area.  I have no idea where we'll be next fourth of July.  My hope is we'll be in a permanent (at least semi-permanent) situation in a good school district.  Tralee starts school this year, and I'd really like to settle in somewhere friendly.  I really grew to love this area and our ward.  It'll be sad to leave.

In the meantime we'll be traveling to visit family in August, so we decided not to rush into anything new until our travels are complete (thus the storage unit).  We'll just need to figure out where to live when we return.  It'll be a little adventure!

I'm doing my best to stay hopeful and open-minded, but I wouldn't mind some extra positive thoughts and prayers sent our way.

Until we're settled into something new, blog posts will probably be skimpy.  Hopefully when I really get back to blogging it'll be from a lovely little desk in a lovely little place I get to call home!

2 comments:

Boom said...

I hope so too. I hope everyone who knows and loves you all will be praying right along with you. I know I will!!!!!

Love Mom

Hannah S said...

Way to take great motion photos.
good luck with the move. I hate moving.....but you seem to have a good outlook on the whole ordeal. Hang in there!!